1. In case you have to lodge an FIR or in other words, report a crime, you are advised to go to your nearest Police Station to do so. It is necessary that the complaints/crime you want to report to the Police should have also occurred in the jurisdiction/territorial area of Police Station you have gone to.

  2. Although such complaints can also be lodged in a Police Post/Chowki, yet it should be understood that Incharge of Police Post will forward your complaint for a proper lodging of the FIR which can only be done in the Police Station.

  3. There are two kinds of offences - cognizable and non-cognizable.

  4. Cognizable cases are those whose ingredients constitute an offence as prescribed under the law and police has police jurisdiction to record FIRs.  In these cases, police is required to take up investigation promptly. Every complainant can also ask for a free copy of the First Information Report (FIR) lodged by him.

  5. The second kind of offence is non-cognizable - minor cases like simple hurt, slapping/abusing etc. Police can investigate only if there are orders to do so by the local Judicial Magistrate.

  6. In case your complaint is not being registered at the Police Station, you are advised to contact the Supervisory Officer (Deputy Superintendent of Police) of the Police Station or the District Superintendent of Police whose phone numbers have also been given in this Website.

Untitled Document
Haryana Police

New year message from DGP
About Us
District Maps
Award winners
Achievements in sports
DSPs in Sports Quota

Public Information

Missing Persons
Haryana Most Wanted
Proclaimed Offenders
Unclaimed Dead Bodies
Lost Vehicles
Unclaimed Vehicles
FIR of  Vehicle Thefts
FIR of Vehicle Accidents
Public help required

Contact Us

Write to the Police
E Mail
Telephone Directory
Districts Telephone No.

Tips for citizens
Related Links